We were nominated for the Field of Flowers award by Karen Whitelaw, whose blog The Writers’ Life has led to many thought-provoking discussions on the process of writing and words.
We met Karen through Friday Fictioneers, and it’s always a delight to read her well-written posts and to discover her insights. Thanks for the award, Karen, we’re duly honoured! If you hadn’t already nominated us, we’d have nominated you!
So our task today is to nominate 7 blogs and to let you know why we think they’re worthy of this award. A note to those whom we have nominated: Some of you do not accept or pass on awards, and that’s ok. We’re using this post as a way to ‘share’ you with our readers, so it’s no problem (to us) if you choose not to take it further.
And so, without further ado, and in no particular order, we have nominated the following:
- Jera’s Jamboree (@shazjera on Twitter). Shaz is a lovely and generous blogger who has shared all sorts of posts on her blogs, including book reviews, author interviews, Stationery Love, book tours, and giveaways. She’s also one of our earliest supporters in the blogging world – thanks, Shaz!
- Reading Pleasure. Celeste is another blogger whom we ‘discovered’ through Friday Fictioneers. Her shift to haiku and other forms of poetry means I have a peaceful spot to visit, one filled with beautiful words whose meaning is conveyed in bite-sized pieces.
- Joanna Cannon (@joannacannon on Twitter). Jo is a doctor with a heart of gold … her words may make you go weak at the knees (if you’re a writer!) With Seth the GSD, Jo takes early dog walks across misty fields; her lyrical tweets make you feel as though you were there with them!
- Brook Cottage Books (@BrookCottageBks on Twitter). JB is a regular book reviewer and blogger who has taken over Fiction Addiction Book Tours from Jera’s Jamboree. Packed with news and reviews, JB’s posts are worth a read for anyone looking to discover new books. She also has a regular slot on Nicky Wells’ Books Rock! radio show, broadcast by Siren FM.
- The Day After (@LingeringVision on Twitter). Although Dawn has already been nominated for this award – by Karen – we wanted to include her here so that you, too, can discover her gorgeous photographs and her creative writing.
- Rebecca Bradley (@RebeccaJBradley on Twitter). Rebecca’s blog is filled with book recommendations, posts on writing and getting published, and issues close to her heart. If you like crime novels, this is a blog to visit!
- This, That and the Other Thing. Like many other bloggers we discovered through Friday Fictioneers, Janet’s blog extends beyond flash fiction and into haiku, photography, travel, books, and life in general.
Thank you all for enriching our time in the world of blogging, writing, and books.
Rules of “A Field of Flowers” Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Place the award on your blog
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and write a little something about why you would give these bloggers “A Field Of Flowers”
- Let your nominees know that you nominated them
~ Joanna | The Lazuli Portals