Eleni Papanou, author of Unison and the Spheral series of visionary fiction novels, invited us to take part in a bloghop. We were delighted to say yes!
Our task is to answer ten questions about one of our books or projects, and then tag 4 or 5 other bloggers or novelists who we hope will do the same.
The questions – and our answers:
1. What is the working title of your book or project?
The final, published title is The Cordello Quest.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book or project?
Over the years, our discussions on (and explorations of) philosophy, subtle energies and spiritual awakening, plus a burning desire to write a
good great story!
3. What genre does it fall under, if any?
We prefer not to be too restrictive with this as we feel it has the potential to deter readers from what is, at heart, a darned good story. However, for marketing purposes, we align with visionary/inspirational fiction, and magical, fantasy, and paranormal. Some readers who normally wouldn’t touch fantasy with a barge-pole have really enjoyed The Cordello Quest.
4. If applicable, who would you choose to play your characters in a movie?
Keira: – Scarlett Johansson.
Jason: – Ewan McGregor, Johnny Depp or Dominic Cooper.
Lady Aida:- Dame Maggie Smith.
Lord Charls: – as for Jason, above . . .
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your manuscript or project?
When a stone circle transports Keira to another world, she finds herself at the centre of a legend; this draws her into a journey of self-discovery and spiritual awakening.
6. Will your book or story be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-published, by choice.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
5 months. It was an awe-inspiring and wonderful journey.
8. What other book or stories would you compare this story to within the genre?
The Celestine Prophecy, by James Redfield.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book or story?
The personal discovery, use and exploration of healing and Reiki energies, and a realisation that we had a compelling need to integrate storytelling with love and light.
10. What else about the book or story might pique the reader’s interest?
The series contains empowering tools for working with subtle energies and intuition. We have been told by some of our energy-sensitive readers that they access the ‘energy’ within the words of the books simply by reading them.
We are tagging the following novelists, as we’d love to see what they have to share with us, if they are able to!
We hope you’ve enjoyed discovering more about what led us to writing The Cordello Quest. It’s an amazing journey for us, and has heralded the start of many years of writing!
Joanna & Ron | The Lazuli Portals